Wednesday 9 March 2011

The Brilliance of Kate.

Photobucket


Ever since about 7 years ago, when I heard 'Babooshka' on the radio, and made a passing comment that I thought that song was good, I have had a deep, passionate love for everything that is Kate Bush.


My father took that comment, and bought me a Kate Bush Greatest Hits album the next time he was at the shops. I listened to it, and immediately fell head-over-heels in love with every single track. I have so many favourites of hers, you could say her entire discography is my favourite. (If you pushed me, 'Cloudbusting' would probably be my number 1...but that may change tomorrow..)


Every song she releases, or puts on an album, is so marvellously thought out, so liquid in flow and motion, it puts my mind into a state of ecstasy listening to her. Her lyrics are so different then just silly love songs you hear so frequently. They have meaning, sometimes on many different levels. She injects humour, tenderness, and the deepest feelings that I can experience listening to music.


The instrumentals that her incredible lyrics are backed up with is eclectic, different, full of unique instruments that aren't always used in popular music. When she uses generic instruments, she plays then with such magnificence that it strikes the heart, overwhelming the senses.


Kate Bush's high octave range and effortless flow from high notes into low sends a shiver up the spine. She has shaped my life by putting me into moods I never thought possible. My dream, one day, would be to see her live. It is a long-shot, but I hope that one day it will come true.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes the brillance that is Kate Bush, I still remember the first time I heard her, the voice the lyrics thrilling. The fact that she is still producing amazing work shouldn't surprise us!

    ReplyDelete